Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update

Time as a postdoc: 4 months and 20 days

Today the department is having a retreat on campus and I have a poster to present. Things are moving along very well and I'm super busy I have a manuscript and a F32 due by June 30. The F32 this early because my PI and the administrator who submit the grants for our department are going on vacation 1st week of July for at least a few weeks. Once I get it in I can relax a bit, I'm planning on going to the mid-west for a few days while my PI is gone. I'm going a million different experiments for another paper due out later this year as well as teaching my undergraduate. We are doing a bioinformatic based project which my PI and I will do a review for later this year too. Also because the lab is small and the other two senior postdocs are useless I've somehow become the 'lab manager' making sure things are done and the lab tech gets her stuff plus lab stuff done.

So much to do and not enough hours in the day but I'm happy and pleased with the progress.

2 comments:

  1. Hello darling,

    Great blog, I am now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you're really a busy person. Just keep up the good work. Have a great day! roof painting

    ReplyDelete