Saturday, January 28, 2012

In lab again

I really need to avoid coming to lab on the weekends. I'm only here because I'm doing a cell proliferation assay and I can actually get to think in peace and quite away from Cruella (also known as my PI). I was to go to a conference that was coming up in March and she informed me that she won't be paying for the registration fee. In other words she wanted me to shell out a $1000 to pay up front for this conference. Even if I had it I would not pay that much out of pocket. This particular conference wants you to pay up front and then if you get a travel award, they wil reimburse you the money. Still as a single postdoc I do not have $1000 lying around and it being winter all the money trees have lost their leaves.

On a more positive note I have a friend in industry who has been kind enough to serve as a sort of mentor and has looked over my CV/resume. So when I get home tonight I'll be working on that and some cover letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment