Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crazy Week

I have had a crazy week, juggling my own work and now three students. 'Cruella' had stated at the end of last year that she would be in charge of the undergrads (mind you stepping in after I taught them all the basics). She made a huge deal of this, I've never complained about doing it in fact I prefer one-on-one teaching than being a postdoc. So here we are in February and she has not even made an attempt to even talk to them. All she does is sit in her office, browse PubMed and terrorize the handful of people that actual decide to work for her. 
What she fails to realize is how much work goes into 'teaching' undergrads who are either non-bio majors (public heath to be precise) or just sophomore and take one bio class per semester. Each comes for six hours/week in addition to a an exchange student from a different country who follows me around all day long. I don't even have time to check my email, in fact I don't even have a computer. I use a lab desktop attach to a plate reader because she refuses to buy a computer, which other people use on and off during the day.

I should be in lab now but I'll go in later, I'm tired. I have to use the weekends to recuperate from the week with her and the lab and it's hard to get up out of bed. Plus I applied for a somewhat science related part-time job for which I have to do some training for which I want to get done this weekend.
..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment