Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mmmmm

I am still alive and have been a postdoc for 1year, 8 months and some day, hours, minutes and seconds.

My lack of updates may be an indication that I am no longer interested in science, well at least academic research. I still like science, bench work, problem solving etc. What I don't like in general, is the bullying, politics, dishonesty, backstabbing, grant writing, begging, hypocrisy, unethical people, abuse, minimum-wage-stipend where I'll have to be a postdoc for 2 more years before I make $40,000 (before taxes mind you) and being one of the educated poor even a tech, peeps at McDonalds make more than I do.
I can tolerate all the things if a real salary + real benefits was attached. But until then I need to pay my rent so I will go to work each day with a smile and at least be grateful I have a job to go to.

All in all I may or may not continue this blog or I may change tone (I've done that before) which I may actually update more often. So stay tuned if you're interested :)

Enjoy the rest of the SUMMER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment