Monday, September 10, 2012

Perfecting Barefoot Contessa's Baked Eggs

I don't really cook that much, I actually do not like to eat (I try to eat just enough so that I donot feel sick). Although I am very picky, I do like most foods. I tend to stretch out my meals splitting one meal over a few days. Believe me you could not tell by looking at me how little I actually eat. But one thing I love eggs and I only eat whole eggs scrambled, hard boiled eggs (whites only), fried egg whites or fired eggs with runny yolks and now baked eggs. 
So I decided to try Barefoot Contessa's French Baked eggs.
This is my second trial (see the first at the end of the post)
I used two jumbo eggs in a deeper dish (I most find the dish Ina used). Added 1tsp milk and salt/pepper baked in a preheated oven at 425 for 12 minutes. The recipe says to use the broiler but my apartment has a cheap stove hence a horrible broiler. I think it is best to use large eggs instead of jumbos. Have toast everything prepared before time is up, eggs will still be hot and cooking. The longer you take the harder/more cooked they will become.

Eggy Goodness!!!!!! added some real bacon bits, hot sauce and cheese. Words cannot describe how good and comforting this is :)

This was trial #1 - so many things went wrong: used the broiler, added cheese before baking and too much, dish was too small. But it made really good scrambled eggs (I just used a fork to mix it up since it was really hot)

No comments:

Post a Comment